Project INFLUENCE tests whether it is possible to influence, through social media messaging, attitudes toward collaborating with opposing viewpoints.
In a targeted population, we measure existing attitudes toward working with people who hold opposing viewpoints. We then test various messaging campaigns directed at the target audience via social media. We finally measure whether any of the campaigns “moved the needle” on the subject attitudes. We then iterate.
The Goal: Develop a method of evolving a population’s sentiment toward supporting the need to find workable joint solutions with opponents.
The project’s “Phase 0.1” launched April, 2022.
- Currently refining the method used to measure existing attitudes, so we will have a benchmark against which to measure progress.
- Developed initial approach of measurement system April, 2022
- Launched, began gathering data in May.
- Learning well more than expected
- Currently iterating and refining system
You can follow regular updates on Project INFLUENCE in our journal, “Updates and Learnings from Project INFLUENCE.“