On critical issues,
the nation isn’t getting anything done.
We’re going to fix that. › Forums › Updates and learnings from Project LISTEN › 2) 14 May 2021: We launched Project LISTEN today (Phase 0.1). Nerves abundle!
Tagged: project LISTEN
May 14, 2021 at 10:38 #1825HankKeymaster
Spent all last week polishing off the details of the program, authoring the media and getting it reviewed by associates, trying to game out any scenarios & “gotchas” we hadn’t anticipated and then today … pushed the button.
Honestly it’s a little scary. Very little idea how this is gonna go.
But I know for certain we will learn, and that is the point.
The initial phase of the program is limited to members of a Miami Beach residents Facebook Group. This is a large and very active group, full of opinionated people. And they are local to me, so if we make it to a phase involving in-person discussions, the audience will remain consistent. The initial phase involves ten minute Facebook Messenger sessions in which I listen to better understand their thoughts on various political topics.
If you want to see the details of the program you can review them all, including a thorough FAQ, by visiting the e.pluribus.US Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ePluribusUS
It has taken many long years to get to this point. Imma go have a drink.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
In the blog…
- Cray-cray people? Yes, it is possible to understand opponents. Our first program targets that challenge.
- “Fight me.” (how fighting is way more fun than learning)
- Blinding Opportunity Overlooked
- The “Other Red Tide” Frustrating Both the Gulf Coast and the Democratic Party
- The “Just One Extra Vote Fallacy:” Why we’re trying to compromise with the wrong people
Updates on Project LISTEN
- 7) 23 August 2021: Wrapping up 0.2 topic, iterating now toward 0.3.
- 6) 13 August 2021: Interesting learnings bubble up out of Phase 0.2
- 5) 10 August, 2021: Update on “Phase 0.2”; much better progress
- 4) 21 May 2021: Learnings from Phase 0.1 and plans for Phase 0.2
- 3) 19 May 2021: Results from initial launch of Phase 0.1
Subscribe for blog updates
About This Site
Divisive partisanship is preventing us from accomplishing “jack.”
Americans’ propensity to quickly leap to negative prejudgements of ideological opponents poisons our ability to interact with the teammates we need to advance our personal and national goals.
We’re going to fix that.
Thoughts from across the aisle...
“Nobody’s right if everybody’s wrong.”